Peanut Butter Buckeyes
yield: 4-5 DOZEN
prep time: 1 HOUR, 20 MINUTES
Classic candy from Ohio. Peanut Butter Buckeyes. Soft peanut butter filling dipped in chocolate! Be sure to make a batch for you next party!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz chocolate candy coating (Ghirardelli melting wafers, chocolate)
- In a large mixing bowl, blend melted butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Scoop balls and roll them into your hands, making about a 1-1/2 inch sized ball. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and repeat until all filling is used.
- Refrigerate for about one hour.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Using a toothpick, dip bottoms into melted chocolate (leaving some of the peanut butter tops exposed). Place on parchment paper and allow to set.
- If desired, when chocolate has set, pinch the toothpick marks closed and pat until smooth. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. ENJOY.
**Chocolate candy coating is also known as chocolate almond bark or chocolate Candiquik