Fried Elephant Ears
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (48-ounce) package frozen bread dough loaves, thawed
- Flour for dusting
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet or soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Meanwhile, cut each loaf of dough into thirds. Dust your hands with flour, then stretch the dough into a 6-inch diameter, being careful not to tear the dough. Place dough in oil and fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn dough over and fry on other side 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. While still hot, sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Repeat with remaining dough. Serve warm.