Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 30 MINUTES PLUS CHILL TIME
cook time: 40 MINUTES
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 box (11 oz) vanilla wafer cookies (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 package (12 oz) Crunch Pak sliced apples (peeled), about 4 cups diced apples
FOR THE STREUSEL:
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square baking dish with foil. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process cookies until fine crumb. Slowly add in melted butter and mix until completely combined (I just pulse a few times). Press into the bottom of your prepared dish.
- Bake crust for about 8 minutes, remove and cool while preparing cheesecake filling (doesn’t need to be cooled completely).
- For the filling, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat one minute and stir until melted and smooth (heat additional 15 seconds if needed). Set aside.
- In a mixer, combine cream cheese with sugar and cornstarch and beat until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Beat in sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and spices. Slowly beat in white chocolate mixture. Pour over prepared crust. Top with diced apples. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine streusel ingredients and mix with hands until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Return to oven and bake for 40 minutes. Center may be slightly jiggly. Cool completely then refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or overnight).
- When ready to serve, cut into bars and drizzle with caramel sauce. ENJOY!