If you were asked to spend a year living in a different location, where would you choose and why?
You know that saying, curiosity can kill you? This is one time I would choose to take that route. Every once in a while I have this dream. It is precisely the same each occurring dream. There is a red brick path that you walk on. The bricks are formed in to a large circle and seem to run for miles. They are surrounded by many walkers, and beautiful colored businesses.
When I look off in the distance, I see blue skies with white feathers of clouds. In the center of these Wizard of Oz bricks, there sits a round bench. In the center of this stands a very tall tree. I don’t know what kind of tree it is, but it is always a welcome sight, when the days are long and hot.
There are friendly faces of older people. A few bicycles are riding by with young people waving as if we know each other. There is various conversations going on all around me as people crowd close on the bench. We have brought tiny broken pieces of bread, and we all toss the bread to the pigeons as we talk.
This whole scenario is in Stuttgart Germany. I don’t know if I was there and it is real. Or maybe it is a place I have seen in a book or felt in a dream. I lived in Stuttgart many years ago as a young bride, while my husband served in the military. Unfortunately, I just can’t remember this scene when I think back.
If I had to live abroad for a year, I would definitely go to this part of the world. I would want to go to the center of the city and find my cement bench surrounded by peaceful shade, friendly birds and chatty friends. I remember a few words from Germany, just enough to get me by in case I get lost. Yes, Stuttgart would be the ideal place. I would already feel at home.
- Whose Brick-Red Lipstick Do You Prefer? (bellasugar.com)
- Visit the Birthplace of Audi Supercars on Newest Downshift (wot.motortrend.com)
- Stuttgart City Library -Germany (ktrmurali.wordpress.com)
- Stuttgart City Library, Stuttgart, Germany (planetsurprises.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Flawed (created2fly.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Unpopular (thebloggingpath.com)
- Daily Prompt: Plead the Fifth (prettywitgla33es.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Flawed (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Be the Change (swozy.wordpress.com)