Carpenters, Bless the Beasts and the Children
Carpenters, Bless the Beasts and the Children
My Own Death Becomes Me
I admit that I think about death and the there after too much. It is hard not to when I am…
I admit that I think about death and the there after too much. It is hard not to when I am constantly surrounded by people who deal with it. When I am told that Al is really sick. There will come a time when death will be the last thing I think of. Instead I will be thinking, beach, cabins, love and sunshine.
So thus stating this; you will understand my next sentences. I was laying in bed last night. My body ached, so I lie on my back. Suddenly my mind saw a casket. It was my casket. I was imagining what my own funeral would be like.
How would I look to others?
Would there be make-up plastered on my face so I was unrecognizable. What would I be wearing? What clothes would my children pick out for me?
I imagined how comfortable I would be stretched out in my tight-fitting box. Do you think the casket companies can make these in an extra-wide, like they do in shoe sizes? I have a few layers of fat that roll to the side when I lay on my back.
I even noticed that my once perky boobs were now fallen to the side; although my stomach did look flatter.
I practiced positioning myself in my bed as I would be sewn together to stay in place in my casket. I placed my hands over my stomach and closed my eyes. Head facing the ceiling I lay there for only a few moments when I started getting a headache.
I realized than that I can not be buried like the conventional person. I must have changes made for my own personal comfort. When I pictured how it should be I saw a whole different scene play out.
First of all, let’s kick off that granny, print dress. Let’s change that formal look to one I am more comfortable in. Let’s throw on some shorts and Tees. Let’s get rid of that hair spray and stiff hair that smells of old age and throw in some casual soft curls.
Get that thick make-up off of me and just let me be myself, natural. I like a look that you will have no doubt in who I am.
Now take me off my back. After all I don’t want to have to order that extra wide coffin.
And the headaches have got to go. Lay me on my side. Let me prop my head on my arm which is tucked under my pillow.
Now I want my bible tucked towards the side of my arm. I like to rest my hand on it as I fall asleep.
Make sure you put a couple of cartons of smokes and a few lighters beside me. Just sort of hide them. There may be non-smokers at my funeral and I don’t want to gross them out. I know, they are bad for me, but I have some bad habits, don’t you?
Next, but not last, is the flowers. Make sure I am surrounded by beautiful flowers. No roses please. I am terribly allergic to roses. If I start sneezing and I rise and look around and see those flowers, I will know I have an enemy somewhere in here.
Instead just bring some pretty plants and some Lilys. I love Lily flowers.
Let’s not have any of that sad organ music. Instead let’s have some of my old-time favorites. My favorite group to listen to when I was a teen was The Carpenters.
Let us all rejoice that today is the birthday of my new day in heaven.
I went to see Al today, and when I got home, I found this nice surprise in my email box. I was nominated for the Liebster Award by;
Jim is a great guy. He is compassionate. He has a large heart, and he is an excellent writer. Please stop by his blog and do some reading.
These are the rules:
Questions Posted For Me;
1. What’s your earliest recollection of anything? I remember walking hand in hand with my dad down the staircase in the mornings as a toddler
2. How old were you when you were informed that Mister Claus may not be for real? And how did you take it? 9 or 10, and I didn’t believe it. Still today, I do believe in the Christmas spirit
3. What was the first book that you absolutely hated? Government and Econ in my senior year of high school!
4. Money or Love? Although some choose to believe I love money, I will take love over any dollar amount
5. Fantasy holiday destination? Tennessee, smokey mountains, anyone want to go?
6. First kiss? Kindergarden, a boy named Timmy, hehe
7. Favourite funny person? it has never changed, my choice of people always goes to Lucille Ball
8. What kind of music, if any, makes you cry? The Carpenters, Rainy Days and Mondays
9. If you could remove any three letters from the alphabet what would they be, and why? Q, Z, X, not much use for them
10. Favourite animal/pet?, any bird that I can teach to talk. If I could afford it, I would have a big colorful bird and we could carry on conversations, and he would ride on my shoulder
11. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Sara
Questions for my nominees:
1. What scares you the most, and why?
2. What three possessions do you think you just can’t live without?
3. When signmakers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?
4. If you could be a character in any book you’ve ever read, who would you be and why?
5. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would be the title?
6. Would you prefer to spend life in prison or be executed? Why?
7. What got you in the most trouble when you were younger?
8. If you could be a religious or spiritual leader, who would it be? Why?
9. What or whom do you most miss from your childhood?
10. Grab the book nearest you. What is the first sentence of the third paragraph on page 12?
11. When did you last write a letter on paper and send it through the postal service?
Sex, Spirit, Soul Mates and Chocolate….Ivonne’s Journey
Paula nominated me for this beautiful award. Isn’t the image gorgeous?
Paula is so sweet and always places nice comments to my blogs. She has been following my blogs for quite some time. Make sure if you have never read her blogs, to go visit. She is definitely an inspiring author!
There are rules to follow with this as most awards, and the rules for this are.
To pay tribute to the one who nominated you
To answer the following questions.
To nominate five others and let them know.
1- Do you prefer rhyming or non-rhyming poetry? For me, I prefer rhyming, silly or serious. After all, I grew up reading Dr. Seuss!
2- What’s your favorite Shakespeare Play? Mine is Romeo and Juliet. Every girls dream is to fall in love, but with this play comes much drama, life, and love
3- Who is your favourite author? David Pelzer, very good, every book you do not want to put away, real life, no pretending
4- Name three people who you greatly admire. Lezlie, Jo, Julie
5- What’s your favourite album ever? The Carpenters, any of them, song including Rainy Days And Mondays
6- Which primary color do you most dislike? RED, red looks bad on me since my skin is so red. Red reminds me of anger, bad things, wild things
7- Name a song or a poem that makes you feel emotional. I love music, but the ultimate song that brings many emotions is Just As I Am
Thank you once again, Paula. I will always remember this…………..
nominated me for the Sensual Blogging Award. Fae and this award are brand new to me, and I accept with a shyness, never realizing that someone touching my blogs for the very first time would nominate me for anything, plus I have have not considered myself sensual about anything for a long time.
When I read about Fae, I discovered she is a very sensual lady. She has one son, who is a doctor, a wonderful looking husband, and her outlook on life is great or sensual. After reading all about her, I will admit that I may be sensual about a few things in life.
Please go to her web site and read about her, Fae and her family and history. It is all very interesting.
The rules for this nomination are
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
3. Answer 7 sensual questions ( Most romantic memory, Most sensual music, Most sensual season, Favorite flower, Favorite fruit, Best gift received, Love is… )
4. Select 12 nominees and notify them on their blogs.
5. Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.
Thank you Fae for the beautiful award.
My most romantic moment that I can remember back to was the night before my fiancee left for the military. It wasn’t romantic such as in sex, it was romantic in the fact that every kiss, hug, and touch, was done with fire and promises and tears.
My most sensual music would be The Carpenters. When I was in my teens, I would grab a hair brush and stand on a foot stool, and sing my heart out to their tunes. My voice at that time blended in and sounded so much like Karen Carpenter.
The most sensual season for me is Fall. Fall is made for bringing your senses alive here where I live. Watching life change in order to protect itself for winter. Beautiful reds, yellows, oranges change the green leaves and make each tree come to full color. The smells of dew on the ground, or raking up leaves brings reasons to have campfires and marshmallows. Sitting around the campfire, chatting about nothing with friends.
My favorite flower is the lilac. I love the smell and even carry it through my nostrils all year round through Yankee Candles.
My favorite fruit is bananas with a bit of peanut butter smeared on it. I did try last week Elvis Presley’s favorite sandwich, banana and peanut butter. It was alright, but I don’t see why he was crazy about it.
My best gift ever received was God and my children. Finding God was the answer to my life long road of life, and my children coming from my own loins, with God’s help, is something each mother holds dear to her heart.
Love is….as the saying goes, never having to say you are sorry. Being true to yourself, walking the path of life that you know is the one made especially for you, building great memories, and growing old gracefully, to me is love. All the glitter and in betweens on your way from youth to aged, are truly the icing on the cake.
Nominations for this award are
Mona Gustafson Affinito
Thank you again Fae for this award!