If you love easy, delicious dinner ideas, these Pizza Stuffed Pasta Shells are for you! All the great flavor of a pizza, in a make ahead (freezer friendly) pasta dish! Be sure to sign up for my free email subscription…new recipes in your inbox CLICK HERE TO PIN IT FOR LATER A cool Spring day earlier this year I made […]
Source: Pizza Stuffed Pasta Shells – Shugary Sweets
Easy, chewy, Nutella Swirled Blondies. Topped with ice cream, melted Nutella and sprinkles! Perfect way to celebrate that special occasion! Be sure to sign up for my FREE email subscription…new recipes in your inbox! CLICK HERE TO PIN IT FOR LATER Today’s a big day here on Shugary Sweets! This little piece of the internet turns 5 this […]
Source: Nutella Swirled Blondies – Shugary Sweets
These Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars have a vanilla cookie crust and a creamy cherry cheesecake filling! But, don’t forget about the sweet chocolate chip cookie topping to take this recipe to the next level of deliciousness! Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox! CLICK HERE TO PIN IT FOR LATER Well, here we […]
Source: Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars – Shugary Sweets
Delicious, festive, melt in your mouth Strawberry Meringues dipped in chocolate! My favorite cookie recipe! Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox And the award goes to….. I love movies. I love going to the movies. I love the popcorn I get at the movies. I can see a dumb movie and […]
Source: Strawberry Meringues – Shugary Sweets
Chocolate Covered Cherry Truffles for your love! You can whip them in an afternoon for the sweetest Valentine’s Day yet. Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox! When my husband and I met (23 years ago, eeps!!) he informed me of his love of chocolate covered cherries. Now, there are very few […]
Source: Chocolate Covered Cherry Truffles – Shugary Sweets
Only three ingredients and you’ll have this Slow Cooker Italian Beef ready for dinner! This Chicago classic is an easy weeknight meal idea.
Source: Slow Cooker Italian Beef – Shugary Sweets
PUMPKIN PIE AND PUMPKIN BREAD
A dreary day
Clouds over head
Rain trying to sneak in
Sun gone a stray
Sitting in my room
Watching an old movie
Wishing for something
Day filled with gloom.
Hunger drew me up
And out of my space
Went out to the kitchen
to refill my cup.
When all of a sudden
To my eyes did appear
A baking in progress
And I smiled a big grin.
Mixing and baking
And smells filled the air
My daughter was busy
And I wanted to sing.
And pumpkin bread
Made my mouth water
I swear that’s no lie.
Reminded me of a time
When my health was better
I stood in my kitchen
Singing in rhyme.
My family was here
It was Thanksgiving day
A time filled with love
Good times and no tears.
I get an E-news letter from Wego Health. It shares new information and ways to help my Diabetes. I was just reading it and then I noticed the new recipe they put up there. I am placing it for you also. Wego Health, thanks for sharing this recipe. It is good for all of us but especially diabetics.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil/oregano (or any blend of Italian herbs)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove, pressed)
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, chopped (or another veggie of choice) or (de-thawed and squeezed dry with paper towel)
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese and 6 tbsp to garnish over the top of each pepper
- Optional: 1 tsp (or 1 packet) low calorie sweetener of your choice to put in the sauce
Stuffed Green Peppers
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil, (for easy clean up), coat with non-stick cooking spray. Wash red peppers, and cut around the stem to remove them.
- Cut peppers in half length-wise, and remove the seeds and ribs inside the peppers. Set peppers on baking pan.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground turkey in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Stir and break up the turkey while it’s cooking. When the turkey is almost completely cooked through, add the sauce and seasonings to the pan. Stir and continue to cook until the turkey is completely cooked (when it is no longer pink). Add the spinach and parmesan and stir until everything is well combined.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the turkey mixture into each pepper.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp parmesan over each pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy!!!