This was a lot of fun and many responded with honest answers of either not being poetic or giving an ending. I just loved being able to chat with all of you who dropped by. The poem started from a dream I was having. All I could remember when I woke up was these words;
As I lay here on the ground
And the guns are going off
I know that these people are trying
To silence me God don’t let me be found.
Valarielovelight responded with this ending;
Hide me under your shadow, Keep me safe from harm, Protect me from mine enemies, Let your peace replace my fear and alarm.
ltpen315,barb added this ending;
I’m not afraid to go
For You I do know
And though I would love to see my mother
I still need to be here for my brother!
Aren’t these beautiful endings? I love them both. Thanks everyone for stopping by and chatting with me and to Valarie and Barb for giving wonderful endings.
- Trying to submerge a plastic bag with an air pocket (thesenseofajourney.com)
- Confederate Ghosts (thelintinmypocket.wordpress.com)
- American Amazons: Hiding in Plain-Jane Sight (nation.time.com)
- Palestine & Beyond: The Real ‘Unsugared’ Love Message. Can You Handle It? (vineoflife.net)
- Though Seeing, They Do Not See; Though Hearing, They Do Not Hear (smritidisaac.wordpress.com)
- Wanna Change? GET RID OF FEAR!! (fishn4souls.wordpress.com)
- A great poem collection (tillie49.wordpress.com)
- Sniff, Sniff
- Hi, I am Terry, and I am writing a short article for Plinky. A fun way to stretch the memories of my mind!!!
My two favorite scents are lilacs and firewood.
Lilacs remind me of my wonderful grandma who had many bushes and in the spring she would ask me to go out and help her cut bouquets and bring them in the house. With the windows open and the gentle breezes flowing through out the house, the house smelled so nice. A small sharing with only grandma and me.
The smell of firewood brings no memories of the past really, but I do love the sense of being with friends and family while sitting around the campfires, worrying about nothing, and looking up at the bright stars, hearing the noises of the night creatures. I can sit out by a campfire all evening long. I have searched for a long time for incense or candles that actually smell like firewood.
Watermelons, and strawberry pie
Fresh snapped green beans
Canning and freezing all day long
This is what summer means.
Daylight staying out so long
Kids staying up real late
Figures and salads a perfect pair
For the convertible and a date.
Swimming and camping go together
Bugs are welcome too
Isn’t the summer the best of all
For fun times, me and you.