I saw you looking up at me
When I was driving by
You looked at me and I think you said
Please give me a hug and wipe my eye.
Your hair I noticed is such a mess
It hangs down in your face
Has someone left you behind
To fight this human race?
I pulled my car over and shut it off
I opened my door and walked towards you
I don’t know if I’m doing right or wrong
But I have to do what I must do.
I held out my hand and bent so low
You didn’t back off or seem afraid
You came closer to me being a little shy
Please trust me now don’t walk a way.
I went back to the car and got a blanket
I brought it to you and you let me wrap you up
I carried you gently and placed you on the seat
You sat very still you didn’t even fuss.
I’m taking you home with me today
I will clean you up and wash your hair
I have been praying for some companionship
I think you and I can connect and share.
Once inside the house I put you down
You looked around but didn’t stray
I found you some food and I hope you will eat
What a good job you did there’s none to throw a way.
A bath I am giving you now you smell so good
I combed out your hair and you sat very still
I see your eyes follow me where ever I go
And now you are sitting on my lap at your own will.
I am so thankful that I passed your way
I realize I needed you more than I knew
The Lord answered my prayer of a companion today
I love you my new friend, you are my dog named Boo.
- Boo Overloads Santa with Cuteness and Gets a Convertible (dogster.com)
- Here, Bella! Top Pet Names for 2012 (livescience.com)
- See a Bengal Named Boo Do Tricks for Food (catster.com)
- Dogs Are the New Kids: Trite for Some, but True for Me (dogster.com)
- Cute Dog Named Boo Now a Plush Toy (shoppingblog.com)
- My Names for Fischer (sarahshortstack.wordpress.com)