Sausage Egg Roll Skillet
yield: SERVES 4-6
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
Forget the Chinese takeout, make your own Sausage Egg Roll Skillet at home! It’s low carb and the perfect, easy weeknight dinner recipe!
- 1 lb ground pork sausage (mild)
- 1 head green cabbage (outer layer removed), about 6 cups shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- duck sauce, for garnish, optional
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat. Add in pork sausage, and cook thoroughly, crumbling with a wooden spoon. (I drained the excess fat out of the skillet, that’s optional).
- Add in shredded cabbage (or 6 cups of shredded coleslaw mix), garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Cook for several minutes (about 5) until cabbage has softened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add green onions and sesame oil. Stir and serve in bowls. Drizzle with duck sauce, if desired! ENJOY.
*recipe from Buns in my Oven