This is a comforting, easy little casserole. The filling is similar to one that I use for chicken pot pie. Very quick, buttery, delicious.
Chicken Poppy Seed Casserole
- 1 roaster chicken, chicken pieces removed and bones discarded
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 can cream of celery
- Ritz Crackers, about 1 sleeve, crushed
- Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1.Preheat oven to 325-f degrees.
2. In a 8″ x 8″ baking dish, place the chicken pieces along the bottom. In a separate small bowl, mix together the sour cream, cream of celery and the cream of chicken. Spread the mixture over the chicken in the baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the crushed Ritz crackers. Sprinkle poppy seeds over the casserole, lightly. Pour the melted butter over the top of the casserole.
3. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the casserole starts to bubble.
Recipe from my mom.
You must be logged in to post a comment.