Healthier Brown Sugar Meatloaf
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Press brown sugar in the bottom of prepared loaf pan and spread ketchup over sugar.
- Mix ground beef, milk, eggs, salt, ground pepper, onion, ginger, bread crumbs, and parsley thoroughly in a mixing bowl. Shape into a loaf and place on top of ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Printed From Allrecipes.com 8/29/2018