Creamy Mushroom Meatloaf
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) uncooked prepared beef, veal and pork meatloaf
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Melt butter in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms and a pinch of salt; cook and stir until mushrooms begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in fresh rosemary. Add flour and stir to coat the mushrooms; cook and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in beef broth, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking constantly to prevent lumps.
- Turn heat to high and bring the sauce to a simmer. Simmer a few minutes until sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Slide prepared meatloaf into the sauce. Spoon sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Remove pan from the oven and gently remove meatloaf to a serving platter.
- Skim off any extra fat from the surface of the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a boil over medium-high heat to reduce until thick, about 5 minutes.
Printed From Allrecipes.com 2/26/2018