Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Shortbread Cookies
yield: 30 COOKIES
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20-25 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Buttery and delicious, these Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Shortbread Cookies are the perfect dessert. Add a sprinkle of sea salt and your taste buds will thank you!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 package (12 oz) Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate melting wafers
- 1 Tbsp coarse sea salt, for garnish, optional
- Line a 15×10-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with powdered sugar and peanut butter until creamy. Add in flour, salt, and milk and beat until combined. Use heat from your hands to combine the crumbs of the dough.
- Drop dough into center of baking sheet, and using the heels of your hand, press dough into a large rectangle. You want the dough to be the same thickness throughout, so keep pressing until you have a rectangle about 12×10-inches and about 1/4-inch thick. Press any extra dough crumbs into the rectangle.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until edges begin to lightly brown. Remove from oven and immediately cut into strips using a pizza cutter. Cool completely.
- Melt dark chocolate melting wafers in a microwave safe bowl for one minute. Stir until smooth (you may need to heat an additional 30 seconds). Dunk bottom of each cookie into melted chocolate and place back onto parchment paper. Once all the bottoms have been dunked, drizzle remaining chocolate over the tops and immediately sprinkle with coarse sea salt, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days. ENJOY.