yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 7 HOURS, 30 MINUTES
cook time: 60 MINUTES
Creamy, delicious Lemon Cheesecake has the perfect consistency and is topped with a homemade Lemon curd!
FOR THE CRUST:
- 16 Chocolate wafer cookies
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 2 packages (8oz each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Prepare 9inch springform pan by wrapping entire bottom, and partially up the sides with foil (the OUTSIDE of the pan, no inside). Set aside.
- To make crust, blend cookies in food processor until fine Incorporate melted butter until even. Press crust into bottom of a 9inch springform pan. Freeze while you make the filling.
- In a saucepan with inch of boiling water, place a double boiler, metal bowl or glass bowl to heat heavy cream. Once warm, add white chocolate chips and remove from heat. Whisk until chocolate is smooth. Set aside to cool (about 15 minutes).
- For the filling, beat cream cheese, lemon zest, sugar, cornstarch, sour cream and vanilla.
- Slowly add cooled white chocolate mixtures. Finally, add eggs, one at a time until mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared crust and place cheesecake pan into a large baking dish (I use a roasting pan). Fill dish with hot water to about 1-2 inches up sides of cheesecake pan.
- Bake 60 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Turn off oven and let sit undisturbed for about 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool in refrigerator about 6-8 hours (or overnight).
- Top with prepared lemon curd, slice and enjoy!
You must be logged in to post a comment.