Blueberry Lemon Scones
yield: 8 LARGE SCONES
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Light and fluffy, these bakery style Blueberry Lemon Scones are the perfect breakfast idea! Topped with a sweet lemon glaze, you won’t be able to resist them!
FOR THE SCONES:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed, COLD
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt with the lemon zest. Add in COLD butter and mix until crumbly. Slowly add in the egg and heavy whipping cream.
- The mixture might still be crumbly, it’s okay.
- Add the blueberries and combine gently, it’s okay if some burst open.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and drop it onto the parchment paper baking sheet. Using your hands, press dough into a large circle, about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 triangles and gently separate them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, cream, and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle or spread over the tops, depending on your desired consistency.
You must be logged in to post a comment.