Pumpkin Streusel Donuts
yield: 6 DONUTS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 13-15 MINUTES
Bake (yes bake!) up a batch of these Pumpkin Streusel Donuts today! All the delicious flavors of fall in one breakfast treat!
FOR THE DONUTS:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
FOR THE STREUSEL:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Spray donut pan (I use this one) with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until creamy. Add in egg and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Blend in pumpkin puree. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Beat until well combined. Batter will be very thick. Spoon into a large plastic resealable bag. Snip off the corner and pipe into donut pans, filling them about 1/2 full.
- In a small bowl, combine streusel ingredients with a fork. Sprinkle generously over pumpkin batter. Press streusel gently to the top of batter (it will fill the donut cavity completely at this point).
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for about 5 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Once cooled, whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled donuts. Allow to set about 5 minutes and enjoy!