Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
yield: 5-6 DOZEN
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 12 MINUTES
My favorite recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies. I added in some caramel bits and chopped pecans for a decadent, chewy delight!
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 bag (11.5oz) milk chocolate morsels
- 1 1/4 cup caramel bits (or whole caramels, chopped)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla and milk and beat an additional 2 minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and beat another 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate morsels, caramel bits and pecans.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, drop cookie dough using a 2 Tbsp scoop. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow to cool on wire rack. Store in a airtight container for up to one week.
- To freeze cookie dough, scoop dough onto a parchment paper lined, freezer safe, cookie sheet. Freeze for about 30 minutes. Remove dough and place in a freezer bag, labeled. When ready to bake, remove desired amount of dough and bake as directed. Add several minutes for frozen dough.
- I use a pizza stone to bake my cookies, I find they spread less and don’t brown on the bottom as fast. If you are having trouble with your cookies spreading, refrigerate the dough until chilled, this will help! ENJOY!