Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
yield: 5-6 DOZEN
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 12 MINUTES
My favorite recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies. I added in some caramel bits and chopped pecans for a decadent, chewy delight!
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 bag (11.5oz) milk chocolate morsels
- 1 1/4 cup caramel bits (or whole caramels, chopped)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla and milk and beat an additional 2 minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and beat another 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate morsels, caramel bits and pecans.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, drop cookie dough using a 2 Tbsp scoop. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow to cool on wire rack. Store in a airtight container for up to one week.
- To freeze cookie dough, scoop dough onto a parchment paper lined, freezer safe, cookie sheet. Freeze for about 30 minutes. Remove dough and place in a freezer bag, labeled. When ready to bake, remove desired amount of dough and bake as directed. Add several minutes for frozen dough.
- I use a pizza stone to bake my cookies, I find they spread less and don’t brown on the bottom as fast. If you are having trouble with your cookies spreading, refrigerate the dough until chilled, this will help! ENJOY!
You must be logged in to post a comment.