Your challenge is to take something intensely personal — the bits and pieces that make you YOU — and use them as a springboard for a post that makes a larger point and resonates with lots of other readers.
When you see my face, maybe you see a round, chubby face. Not very many wrinkles. Maybe a pudgy nose surrounded by short hair. A nice sister, a caregiver.
Pools of memories
Deep as the sea
You see in my past
And where I am meant to be.
When I look in the mirror I am disgusted. I see a fat, round face. Plain with usually no make-up. I see would haves and should haves. I end up comparing myself to some dorky model on the cover of a magazine or TV.
When I look at me
I wish for more
I wish for magic
To change my core.
It is crazy, the things I do. The thoughts I have. I don’t take the time to make that check list of what I see very often. Usually when I do, I go on a spending spree and try to make myself feel better.
Knowing why I feel this way about myself is opposite of knowing how to fix it. When you friends make comments on my blog, most of the time I am shocked, pleasingly shocked. I just don’t see it.
When I read the Freshly Pressed I know that I am not a deep thinker. I don’t pull things out of my hat to write about or make a statement. My life is my statement. If I just write about my deep feelings about what I do in my life, it makes me feel more content.
Being honest on paper is much easier than looking back at my reflection in any mirror. No one is looking at me and it is so easy to write my thoughts. Sometimes I want to kick myself in the rear for being a foolish old woman for thinking such negative thoughts. There is no sense in it. But old habits and old words still haunt me today.
What I am doing is taking a segment from your comments and saying them to myself; changing my thoughts. I am improving, and for this I am glad. So on that report card, I will give me a big check mark on the box marked; Improving.
- Weekly Writing Challenge: DNA Analysis (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: DNA Analysis (fashionstorylovepink.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: DNA Analysis (brendasmull.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: DNA Analysis (thevincenzo.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: DNA Analysis (usmatic.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: DNA Analysis (tothetable24.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: DNA Analysis – Mirrored Images (teepee12.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: DNA Analysis (lifebeinggirly.com)
- weekly writing challenge: dna analysis (hugmamma.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: DNA Analysis (lumar1298.wordpress.com)