Oh winds you show your power today
My senses feel the hidden forces
It makes me tremble and shiver
As I know what you have done before
Windows rattle shutters bang
Dead leaves tossed in mid-air
Children buried inside their coats
Trying to walk against your winds
Could it be you are trying to help
Clean our land from before
Debris and already dead
Being hurled about
Tossing it on mounds of old
Giving way to new and clean
Ready for a season of growth
Or are you rebelling that your time
Has almost come to and end
And your tears show in sorrow
That you do not want the morrow near.
What ere your reason for what you do
I will be patient and watch your work
For I know that your time here is short
As a new birth of a season draws yet closer
Open your mouth and curl your lips
And give it all you have
I will pray for safety and strength
We will beat you at your game
You will not destroy what we
Have worked so hard
We will be hiding behind the rock
For you will tire and need some rest
And you will leave us once again.
- ‘Impossible to drive safely’ in high winds, blizzard conditions expected through Monday night (bangordailynews.com)
- Winds cause hundreds to lose power (wcpo.com)
- A Breezy Night (valleywx.com)
- 45 mph gusts possible as wind advisory issued for Wednesday (wbtw.com)
- Dangerous’ blizzard could bring heavy winds and a foot of snow to New York City (grumpyelder.com)
- Strong Winds & Power Outages in Our West Michigan (fox17online.com)
- High wind warning for region tonight (metrowestdailynews.com)
- Howling winds knock out power (wcvb.com)
- Wind gusts on Mt. Washington summit reach 129 mph (wmur.com)
- Summit winds reach nearly 130 mph (wcvb.com)
Genius ….. hate storms too … but I feel about cold today .. shiver too – but we had a great sunny pre-spring day. But that can change over night.
it has just been wicked out today. strong winds spitting snow, white outs,
Good that you have kept yourself indoor .. and cozy.
Snow storm is evil .. stuff.
i hate snow storms
Your words really moved me.
thank you Deana so much! So glad you enjoyed it
Pingback: Morse Cold « Catherine Johnson
Great words 🙂
Reminds me of the advent and exit of a tornado. Very nice.
it does doesn’t it……………….thanks so much Sahm for stopping by and chatting with me!!!
I hate snow but love storms but that could be because here is the UK where I live they are not really life threatening I love nature unleashing her power reminding us as humans how small and fragile we are and that no matter what we do to the earth nature will reclaim it for herself when she is ready
we take nature so much for granted until a storm arises, but the truth be known you are exactly right. we are but small specks taking space here on earth. there is a much higher power that can take control of our lives within moments notice