http://dailypost.wordpress.com, DP, Daily Prompt, Daily Post
Early bird, or night owl?
My Mom told me one time when I was still living under my parents roof, that one day I would change. I would hate going to bed late and sleeping late.
I never did change but altered some due to age, worries and stress.
I was one who could sleep until noon no matter what time I went to bed when I was in my teens. When I reached my twenties I could not do it any longer. I had a children, but I missed it dearly. When the kiddies would spend the night at Grandma’s house, I slept in. Oh that was so nice.
In my thirties and forties I was going through difficult emotional times with marriages and I was a quick change artist. I could get up if I had to with no problem. But emotions ran high so some days I would seem to sleep forever.
Now in my late fifties, I have had the biggest change. My doctor blames it on being older and stress and worries. I am tired too often. Some days you will knock at my door in the middle of the afternoon and my eyes will be filled with little sleepies where I was napping.
At bedtime I am tired but can not sleep. I will stay up until around 2am watching King of Queens or the Golden Girls. I force myself to lie down and close my eyes, but they pop up often during the night.
When early morning comes and dawn is beginning to break my eyes are once again open and I am ready to get up. I often do this too. I will be up for a couple of hours and then I am ready to take a nap.
It is so silly and yet it seems to happen often. This has been going on pretty much since Al left. I think there are parts of me that not only worry about him but maybe more that I miss him.
When he comes home he and I will have to be up at 6am. He will need to be on the transportation bus by 7:30 and I believe it will take that long to get him around and include breakfast, but I don’t mind. I will adjust and I will have my brother back home with me.
- 27|4 Daily Prompt: Your Time to Shine (familyphotosfoodcraft.com)
- Daily Prompt: Cloning My Responsibilities (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Second Time Around (shywallace.wordpress.com)
- Early Bird AND Night Owl (misifusa.wordpress.com)
- Time to Shine: Night (smileyface80.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Your Time to Shine (onmyfrontporch.com)
- Daily Prompt: Your Time to Shine (gegebearbear.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Early Morning or Night Time? (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Clone Wars (ambikasinghsmusings.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Second Time Around (thebloggingpath.com)