I Am Part of the WordPress Family Award
Photography Takes Sorrow To Joy
After I left the facility early this morning, I wanted to and needed to find something positive…
One of my good friends has nominated me for this award.
How awesome is this to receive a family award on my birthday? I am on cloud 9!
Thank-you so much Hope!!!!
The rules are as follows:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
Quoted from the Rules: “This is an award for everyone who is part of the “Word Press Family” I started this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honour to start this award”
My nominations are plentiful, but you realize I can not have several pages going on here at WP. So for this one I shall pick
- God’s Gift to Me (wileyschmidt.wordpress.com)
- Feel the love… (hopethehappyhugger.wordpress.com)
- An Award from the Family (countryliving4beginners.wordpress.com)
- I am in love with life ! (utesmile.wordpress.com)
- A la Familia ~ WP Family Awards (misifusa.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine Award (findingmyinnercourage.wordpress.com)
- The Word Press Family Award (joleenenaylor.wordpress.com)
- WordPress Family Award (onlysi91.wordpress.com)
- Announcement to All Blog Followers: Moving My Blog! (censorshipinamerica.wordpress.com)
- Just Pondering Part 384 (renardmoreau.wordpress.com)
Is this really me I am seeing staring back at me? It can’t be, because this woman I see in my mirror is beautiful, and I am so ugly. I am fat and he has told me so many times over the past years that he felt sorry for me.
He wanted me to know that I wasn’t alone, that he would always be near my side any time. He told me lies. He helped me to believe that no other would ever desire me and because he cared about me he would always try to make me feel beautiful. I have learned that he needed me. But I didn’t realize at that time that I did not need him. I I was the rabbit and he was the hunter with the gun.
Holding me captured not by his physical power but by his words so full of emotion. Tearing down any self-esteem I may have ever had. Forcing me to believe that I was a fat worm in a rotten apple.
He never paid any attention to me until I blossomed at 13 years old. I was very shy as a child and when he smiled at me I liked it. He had a way of making me feel so special. I got extra pretty birthday gifts. For Christmas I received expensive gifts. One long box that I opened had my first diamond necklace in it.
He took it out of the box and raised my hair to place it around my neck. I could smell his Old Spice and feel my hairs standing on edge as he breathed so close to my neck. He lured me as a fisherman brings in a beautiful bass.
He took my trust and innocence and broke it into millions of tiny sharp shards all over the floor. He did this on one night when a knock came to my door and when I learned it was him, I innocently opened it and he stole from me all that I had saved for many years.
Now today years later and an excellent therapist, I look into the mirror and try to do my exercises I was given. I stare at my reflection and I force myself to look close. Is this really me?
- Who I Was (donettas.wordpress.com)
- Picture it & Write: A Short Story XI (prisailurophileblog.wordpress.com)
- Erasing the memory for Picture it and Write (ramblingsfromamum.wordpress.com)
- Picture it & Write (ermiliablog.wordpress.com)
- Picture it & Write Prompt Just hit Enter (ramblingsfromamum.wordpress.com)
- Picture It & Write – Relive ! (soumyav.wordpress.com)
- Anyone (donettas.wordpress.com)
After I left the facility early this morning, I wanted to and needed to find something positive about today. Aside from my birthday I needed more. There is an area that has flooded from too many rains and I also saw a fat dove, and a tiny little red cardinal.
So I snapped some photos. This usually brings joy in my life and it did. Even the ducks loved the new flooding ground.
- Flooding after heavy rain sweeps Tauranga (stuff.co.nz)
- Flooding after heavy rain sweeps BoP (stuff.co.nz)