Two people never introduced to society. Running free, no fear of being naked. Life is simple. Eat from the ground. Make light from wood. Shelter being given by leaves and bamboo.
An innocence I wish I carried with me. But I live in civilized territory. Fear has been embedded within me. Trust was wiped off the chalkboard years ago. Erased with words of hate and prejudice, poverty and hunger.
Ashamed that my body is not perfect, hiding in cloth. Beauty from within now determined by what others say and promote. Lock your doors, secure your car, alarms everywhere.
Fear of enjoying a midnight stroll, danger looking in corners. Jealousy the beast smolders in us, what we have is now not good enough. Eating out of boxes, microwaves for busy schedules.
Families put aside, God kicked out of homes and schools. Money out of balance. Scales showing needs verses wants, which weighs more? Education comes from books. Culture learned through a ticket.
Yes, my brain has been tampered with. I fear more than I know. I am no longer innocent. I lost that before I loved it. It is a miracle in itself that we as a country function as well as we do.
Our belief in what ever it may be that keeps us moving forward each day, this is what we cling to. Hope for a better day, dreams of tomorrows and memories from yesterdays. This helps us stay mentally alive.
For one day there will be a new world. A re-birth and I will once again be brand new. Innocence and living on faith will all be mine. What would it be like to go back and try to pretend that we don’t know all that we have learned? Could we do it? Could we run through the forest? Run naked with no fear? Live from the earth? Could we laugh more than we cry? Would illness surround us? Would worry be replaced with calm?
Only each of us know what we are capable of doing today. We have learned but not all we learn is good.
- Fear (alannacartier.wordpress.com)
- Flash Fiction: There is Nothing to Fear (liewithstyle.wordpress.com)
- Fear is Why You Fail (kilhefner.wordpress.com)
- Picture it & Write: Neverland (samiisabelle.com)
- Litany Against Fear by Frank Herbert (aninfinitesolitude.wordpress.com)
- New Job Fear – You are not Alone (nyghtowl.io)
- Fear Revisited (color-my-life.com)
- Helping Your Child Overcome Fears (howtolearn.com)
- I am greater than my fear (deborah-bryan.com)
- Reduce Your High Blood Pressure (healthylifestylesliving.wordpress.com)