Tell us about the last time you were really, truly jealous of someone. Did you act on it? Did it hurt your relationship?
Photographers, show us something GREEN.
The only person I can think of that I was truly jealous of was my half-sister.
From the day she was born, she took all of Mom’s time;so it seemed.
She controlled my childhood from my age of 10 clear up until the present.
Mom got her more than Al and me. She had name brand clothing from expensive stores. Mom told me she loved her more than me. That killed me internally for years.
She had more friends than me, I thought. When we were both grown up she had Mom and Dad‘s help financially, while my husband and I struggled.
When Christmas time came, she helped her purchase gifts for her kids. I did not get that help. Halloween, another time store-bought costumes were had, while I made my kids outfits.
When she needed babysitters, Mom was right there. I hardly had babysitters. We took our kids everywhere.
It ruined part of me for many years, but then I saw something different between her and me when I got much older. It took years to see with my eyes blue instead of green. While she got everything and I worked for what my family have, it made me a better person.
While she is still living a different life, I have more stability. She is someone I love deep inside but would not let Al nor myself be in her home under no conditions. Her friends and mine are different.
Her outlook on life and mine differ. She is wild and I am calmer. She will try anything for attention and I stick more to myself and my kids.
I have wonderful friends from all around the world, and she has her own.
Mom and Dad did me the biggest favor without them realizing it. Well maybe, Dad did know what was coming.
I turned out alright. I had a rough start in life, but with having to shovel a little deeper and harder, I am proud of whom I have become today. I can walk the streets and never feel ashamed.
A little hard work doesn’t hurt us. Spoiling a child teaches nothing. Responsibilities are thrown out the window, while I cling to mine. If it weren’t for Mom and Dad’s treatment of me, I would not be able to care for Al as well as I do today.
Always remember you reap what you sow. When I take my last breath, I will do it and look back at life and say, You made it Terry, you really made it.
- Daily Prompt: Jealous Is Not A Word Here (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Green-eyed Monster (patcoyle53.wordpress.com)
- DP Daily Prompt: Green- Eyed Monster post by Ranu (sabethville.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Monster (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Monster: Jessie’s Girl (waldina.com)
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Monster (thebloggingpath.com)
- The Green- Eyed Monster (Daily Prompt) (vosperdruiter.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Monster (ofglassandpaper.com)
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Monster (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- Jealousy or Inspiration (Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Monster) (dancejustj.wordpress.com)