I looked back
And I saw you
Stayed in my
You thought you
Had me you
Were so wrong
For I have had
Many life lessons
And learned that
I am not the one
In charge but
My God he leadeth
Me into all
So I will
Never look back
Again nor shall
I see your silhouette
My eyes will
See no specks
For they will be clear
You had your chance
But a fool you were
To believe that you
Out smart the almighty one
Now be on your way
Be seen no more
For I have the shield
Of Christ walking
By my side.
- God’s Presence In Death Valley, Pastor Phil Sessa (magnifyhisword.wordpress.com)
- God is Enough (encouragementforeveryday.wordpress.com)
- “He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me down paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.” -Psalms 23:3 (jennwoodland.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Bible Verses: 60 Beloved Favorite Bible Verses (endtimesprophecyreport.wordpress.com)
- He Leadeth Me: A Book Review (newevangelizers.com)
- Old Cross Bridge (catstark.wordpress.com)
http://dailypost.wordpress.com, DP, Daily Prompt
Often, our blogs have taglines. But what if humans did, too? What would your tagline be?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us ADVERTISING.
Oh wow, is this the time when I can let loose and brag on myself? You say it is? Oh my, what can I say about myself. Should I go way back? Back to the days when saddle shoes were hip? Or maybe back to five years ago when I was my own boss?
Alright, let’s see here. Let me give taglines about me, considered a human, who walks and takes up little space on this big, big earth.
Let’s start with witty. Yes, witty. Believe it or not, there was a time when I was quite witty. What is witty do you ask? I will be happy to tell you.
- Window | Daily Prompt: Tagline (kyladanica.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Tagline (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Smorgasbord (mycookinglife.com)
- Daily Prompt: Tagline (marta87wink.wordpress.com)
- Mess in a Dress (hastywords.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Tagline (mytropicalhome.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Tagline (marilyndavies.wordpress.com)
- Tagline (maggiemendus.wordpress.com)
- the UNCATEGORISED: Daily Prompt | Tagline (thetrashbash.wordpress.com)
- Tagline: Mantra – For Your Pleasure & Delight (khanasweb.com)
The Cow Jumped Over The Moon
When we were little and couldn’t go to sleep we were told to count sheep. If that didn’t work we…
I wonder what life would be like if I was not a believer in Christ. Would that red-horned creature leave me alone? Would I be able to do what ever I pleased in life with no consequences, or maybe no conscience?
Just when I think I am climbing the mountain and I see the top not too far off, I stumble over a rock again and come tumbling down.
I have everything running smooth. I have done all I have been asked to do. I even bought the groceries for Al today. I am so proud that I finally got this task done and forgot nothing.
The first response on their side was pretty much negative. No time, no extra spaces. As we talked longer and longer she and I clicked.
In the end she ended up telling me she would make a phone call to the lady working from the day program and see what hours were available and she said she would make something work out.
I knew that there was a chance that Al may not actually go in at 8:30 am as there are many wheel chair riders and not enough buses. It goes on and on. I have to remember that this is a big company.
Then the bomb fell. She told me that the community I live in is a place they are not welcome to bring the buses back into. She said the owner is something else and that he is mean and rough and I have to agree. I can remember back to last summer when we had the wheel chair ramp built for Al. The owner stopped by and told me I had to tear it down immediately.
Now I knew that I wasn’t going down without a fight. He and I argued, he threatened to kick me out that night. I knew he could not legally do this over night but I just really didn’t need the hassle from him.
I understand that he is mad at the world. His wife was placed in a nursing home last winter and he has been mean and an ugly monster ever since. He will come by and practically measure my grass that grows around the bottom of the ramp.
Oh don’t get me wrong. He isn’t just picking on me, he picks on who ever is near him on any day. I just get tired of the fight.
Now this is where I asked the question in the beginning. Is God constantly testing me to see what direction I will take? If I didn’t believe in God would I be faced with all these challenges? I will not turn my back on God no matter what, or I should say I hope I never do.
I will fight this battle for the life of my brother. I know that I can not get him in the car and down to the main gate every single morning alone. I need that bus. It will make it easier and safer for Al to go straight down the ramp onto the bus ramp.
I have called the owner’s assistant manager and I am waiting for him to stop by. He is out here in the neighborhood. I have a little more faith in him than the owner. At least he smiles. But on the other hand he will have to run it pass the owner.
I need a written letter giving permission for the bus to stop here at the house. What I really need is tons of prayers to turn this monster into a prince and say yes. Can you help me by sending lots of prayers?
- Hippo Trot (gottafindahome.wordpress.com)
- Your Tax Dollars at Work (theburningplatform.com)
- Bitch, bitch, bitch . . . (darly003.wordpress.com)
- Primary Health Care Agency distribute wheel chairs to 20 polio survivors (renewnaija.wordpress.com)
- Handicapped Man Collects $100K A Year Being Homeless (kiss951.cbslocal.com)
- Seizure (gottafindahome.wordpress.com)
When we were little and couldn’t go to sleep we were told to count sheep. If that didn’t work we could be asked to count the cows jumping over the moon. While we laid there believing that what our parents said was gold, we would see shadows bouncing on the walls. Or maybe we would see big scary things under our bed.
Now that we are all grown up, what can you think of that we could do or see when we can’t sleep?
What would put you to sleep quickly and have a restful night?
- Can’t Sleep Without Sheep Contest and Sleep Tips for Parents (viviankirkfield.com)
- 3 of 7 Get a good night’s sleep- Tricks to have a stress free life! (freehealthandwellness.com)
- Sleep now (busymindthinking.com)
- Why Can’t I Sleep?!?! (superlingfish.wordpress.com)
- You Can’t Stop Reading This Book (nrhatch.wordpress.com)
- Pitter-Patter (musewriter.wordpress.com)
- Can’t Sleep Without Sheep Jingle Contest! (thiskidreviewsbooks.com)
- You can’t see the spiders when it’s dark (thegumbootchronicles.com)